Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Special Day

February 5 was a very special day, and not just because it was the night before the drunk driver crashed into our yard- it was the day that sister #2 (I have 3 younger sisters who will be identified by number) turned 19.  We threw a nice little party for her, including brinner, champagne cocktails and chocolate cake.


DRINKS!
Seth and I tasted some pomegranate wine a couple weeks ago at the Fresh Market.  It was recommended that we mix the pomegranate wine with champagne.  After a couple trials, we found that a one to one ratio worked best.  Those sure were tasty!

CAKE
The cake was a chocolate chambord cake from the fresh market (sadly, no time to bake #2 a cake).  Luckily, this cake is divine!  And she got the candles out in one blow.

And a few pictures of the party goers...
#2 and her sweet boyfriend
#3, #2 and me
Overall, a very successful gathering and a wonderful way to celebrate such a great sister!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you have access to Fresh Market. We have a cool Asian/imports grocery store here in Anchorage, but it's just not quite at "lush" as Fresh Market. Needless to say I'll be stopping there when I'm in Roanoke for Christmas next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- we're there almost constantly. If you haven't tried it yet pick up the jalapeno pimento cheese, its amazing!

    ReplyDelete