Monday, February 14, 2011

For My Valentine

First, a quick note on Valentine's Day- I know a lot of people dismiss this holiday as rubbish, calling it a capitalist, Hallmark holiday.  True enough, but Valentine's Day was celebrated for many years before Hallmark came about, and really, there is something lovely about taking a day out of the year to celebrate love.  I'm not talking about just romantic love, but all love (familial, friendship, etc).  So, with that said, I wish you all a very happy Valentine Day and hope that you find a reason to celebrate love today.

And now, for the mushy.  I have a pretty great husband and he deserves a lot of credit for putting up with me.  I tend to be a bit on the messy side, so three cheers for my husband for this...
Yes, thats right- yesterday Seth changed the sheets and made up the bed, and...
and washed and folded my laundry.  Wonderful, practical husband.  But, there's also this...
My dad gave up this now lovely piece of furniture (it belonged to my Great Grandmother Stokes).  However, when it was dropped off, it wasn't in such good shape.  Seth lovingly put it back together and restored it.  So lovely.  But there's more...
He always makes sure I have fresh flowers sitting on the sideboard.  So sweet.

So again, I say, Happy Valentine's Day to all, especially my sweet husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment