Thursday, August 16, 2012

Quick Gallery Ledges

How bout a quick project post?  And one that is super easy and really cheap! 

When I lasted updated y'all on nursery progress, we finally had most of the furniture in place.  I figured we needed something on that huge expanse of wall above the crib.  I knew I wanted to display family pictures and other fun stuff, but wasn't sure of exactly how I wanted to proceed.  A quick search over at Ana White and  I knew I had my solution- $10 ledges.


I won't bore you with details on how to pull off the these bad boys because Ana's directions are easy to follow.  Plus, we forgot to take pictures as we went.  I think they took us all of 10 minutes to put together.  Seriously, these are really freaking easy.  Plus I like that ledge has a lip on it, so no major worries about things falling into E's crib.
Once we had the ledges up and secure (we actually did this the proper way and found studs to attach them too.  We are serious when it comes to Ella's safety), it was time to think about decorating.  I didn't want to spend a ton on new frames, so I took a quick trip to Goodwill.  I was able to snag 7 frames in several sizes for less than $20.  The frames were scary to start with, but a quick spray with white spray paint quickly fixed that (sorry- no pictures again.  My brain doesn't work right). 

I then tasked Seth with picking out some family photos and I did the same.  After some quick editing and resizing, they were ready to go.
And up on the ledge they went, along with some other items we collected...
On the top shelf: A Babar Book, a sign that says "though she be but small, she is fierce," a picture from our wedding of my mom, sisters and me, a picture of Seth's parents, a picture from our engagement session, and a book called the Littlest Elephant.

On the bottom shelf:  An E sign that I found at Michaels, a picture from when Seth and I first started dating, a picture of Seth and his brother, a picture of my dad and me, another book, a picture of Seth and his mom, a sign that says "let her sleep for when she wakes she will move mountains," and a stuffed zebra that Seth couldn't resist (my husband is such a softie- this little girl has him wrapped around her finger already).

In all, I love how the shelves turned out.  They are sweet and sentimental without being too in your face.  AND for all of y'all that are wondering about her pulling shit down, we are pretty sure that we put them high enough that she won't be able to reach them.  If we didn't, we will certainly make changes when that time comes.





No comments:

Post a Comment