Friday, August 10, 2012

31 weeks



Please excuse the crazy hair and smile- Seth didn't tell me I looked like a crazy woman.  

SIZE:  She is weighing in between 3.5lbs and 4lbs (and lets face it, shes been big so far, so she is probably closer to the 4lb mark).  As for me- well today I was asked if I really only have one baby in there.   Truth be told, my belly is big, but I am measuring right on track.  I have a really short waist (my hips and rib cage almost touch), so the only way for 31 cm to fit is for it to go out.

YAYS: I've been asked a lot about weird cravings and, honestly, I haven't had a single one.  Sure some things taste great (really cold smoothies), but I was really looking forward to sending Seth out to get me something weird.  AND last night it finally happened.  It wasn't a craving so much, but more a "mashed potatoes would taste real good with the london broil and broccoli I am making for dinner."  Seth happily obliged and returned with mashed taters AND pie.  I sure do love that husband of mine.

Also (I know, 2 yays thats a record for me), my belly is finally big enough that I can balance a cup on it. 

NAYS:  I didn't think it was possible, but the heartburn has gotten even worse.  If the old wives' tail holds true (heartburn equals hair), I am pretty sure I will be giving birth to the wolf man.  Maybe we should invest in waxing supplies now...

Happenings for the week: While not an official baby-moon, Seth and I spent last weekend at the beach.  The trip was a combo celebration for Seth's birthday, chance to spend time as a couple, and a much needed trip away from work and daily life.  We stayed at a great inn, had wonderful weather, and ate plenty of seafood.  I always enjoy my time with Seth, but it was extra special knowing that it will be a while before it will just be the two of us again.  But, at the same time, watching all the families play together on the beach made me super excited for our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment