Thursday, June 21, 2012

24 weeks

Please excuse the drowned rat look.  We had to do the picture before I left for work today, since Seth has work late tonight and I don't know how to use a blow drier.  So, anyways, 24 weeks.  16 to go.  Yikes.

Size:  Ella bean is almost a foot long (babycenter compares her to an ear of corn) and has gained 4 oz. this week.  I can say with 100% certainty that I have gained more than 4 oz. this week. 

YAYS:  Girlfriend had hiccups for the first time this week.  That was so funny for me (maybe not so much for her, but lets face it, my amusement is important).  Also, she is getting strong enough that when she moves, you can see it.  I got an alien in my belly.  And I don't want to jinx it, but I think maybe I had just a bit more energy this week.  In all honesty, I've been really tired this whole pregnancy.  BUT I think given the pace at work, I would be tired, even if I wasn't pregnant.

NAYS: My ass jiggles and my thighs rub together when I walk.  But lets face it, that was mostly true before I got pregnant.  Although it does nothing to diminish feeling whale-like.

Happenings for the week: We started our registry.  We decided to go with an Amazon registry and a Babies'R'Us registry.  The Amazon registry is up and running.  It will be at least another week before we make the trek to the BRU and tackle that madness.  Our registries will be pretty bare bones,  mostly because we (read: I) don't want my house taken over by baby shit.  Sure, I want her to have what she needs, but I want to make sure we cover the needs before we look at the wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment