Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Human Race

I don't think I have ever mentioned it here, but I actually run a bit.  Sometimes more, sometimes less, but pretty consistently for the last 4 years, I have been running in some shape or form. I have participated in two 5ks and will be doing my third at the end of the month!

For the last 17 years, the Volunteer Center of Greensboro has held a 5k walk/run event to raise money for local charities.  One of the sweetest things about this event is that the participants can decide which charity they want to raise money for.  As many of you know, animal rescue is near and dear to my heart and Guilford County is lucky enough to have an amazing shelter.  While still a far cry from a no kill shelter, the GCAS has a 97% success rate with dogs and a 78% success rate with cats.  The shelter has gained a lot of publicity in the last few years after taking in some terribly abused animals (including Susie, who sparked Susie's Law, which makes animal abuse a much worse crime in NC).  I am terribly excited to be running in support of our wonderful shelter.

Want to run with me?  Register here.  Not so much of a runner, but want to make a donation?  Make one here.

Anyone else ever run or walked for a charity?

No comments:

Post a Comment