Friday, July 20, 2012

28 Weeks



SIZE:  The little lady is still gaining weight and should be hovering close to 2 1/2 lbs.  BUT we learned at our last appointment that she is still on the bigger side, so she is probably closer to 3 lbs. now.

YAYS:  Third trimester, yay.  This means I get to go to the doctor every 2-3 weeks now.  When I found out I was pregnant way back around week 4 this felt like it would NEVER happen.  And here it is.

NAYS:   My mom warned me this would happen- I have started opening doors into my belly.  Whoops. 

Happenings for the week:  We had a big appointment last Friday and got lots of good news!  First, our initial ultrasound indicated that my placenta was a bit on the low side.  And then I had some minor bleeding a few weeks ago, prompting the midwives to put me on pelvic rest (booo!).  We had a follow up ultrasound and the placenta is where is should be, so I am cleared from pelvic rest (!!!) and there are no more worries about placenta previa (where the placenta covers the cervix or lies too close to the cervix to allow for safe and proper dilation.  This puts us one step closer to having the natural, water birth that we want).  I can't even begin to describe how much being off pelvic rest helps my mood- I feel almost normal again- I can go for long walks and carry heavy(ish) things without worry!!

And the ultrasound tech says everything still looks great.  She is still a she...  AND she has long legs.  Lets hope this translates into a high closer to her fathers (I am fairly short).

And lastly, I had my sugar test and passed!  So no worries about gestational diabetes.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment