Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Silhouette Art

So we've all seen the cute giraffe silhouette art on Pinterest, right?  I mean its only been pinned a million times...  no?  You can find it here.  I looked at it, pinned, and figured I can do that.  And you know what I did.  And it was ridiculously easy.  Want to make your own?

Step 1:  Pick your paper
I found all the cute paper was 12x12 size, so my next step was to cut the paper down to 8.5x11 so I could put it through my printer.  Why do I need to put it through my printer, you ask?  See step 2!

Step 2:  Print your critters

I don't know about you, but I can't draw an animal.  I promise.  So instead, I used good old clip art to find some critters.  Once I selected my critters, I sized them to where I wanted them and changed the color so that it was light and only just an outline (if possible).  And then I printed on the BACK of my paper.

Step 3:  Cut out your critters
See, easy?  My clip art critters looked wacko, but they look much better when just their silhouette is used.


Step 4:  Glue to backing paper and frame
DONE!

See, stupid easy.  And crazy cute.  I think in all this took less than an hour.  And there was some complicated cutting involved.

Anyone else have any simple, sweet projects to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment