Thursday, September 27, 2012

38 weeks



Size:  No matter how you look at it, she is a bowling ball (maybe a nice little 6 pounder, maybe a heavier 8 pounder).  Regardless, she is getting pretty close to her final birth weight. 

YAYS: First, as of last week, I am officially term.  That does not mean that baby is done baking, rather if she was born now, she likely would not need a stay in the NICU and would be headed home with us when I am discharged.  Two, clearly I have dropped.  She's been dropping little by little over the past few weeks, but she is officially "really low" according to my midwife (the exact quote "lord, your child is LOW!)."

NAYS: Surprisingly, I don't have any.  Folks keep saying "you must be miserable," but the truth is, I'm really not.  Compared to the misery that was the first trimester and the emotional upheavals of the 2nd and early 3rd trimesters, this is a walk in the park.  Sure, I'm kinda uncomfortable and moving is slow, but I have plenty of energy and am pretty upbeat- I will meet my daughter sometime in the next 4 weeks!

Happenings for the week:  We have gotten lots and lots done. First, we went on a little shopping binge and have everything (well most everything) that was on our "need for baby list."  I still have a bit more laundry and organizing to do, but I should be ready to post picture of the  nursery next week!  Also, we have the car seat bases installed (another check).  Tuesday night was our last birth and baby class and tonight is our infant/child CPR class, so we are almost done with classes (I just have a breastfeeding class next week).  So, basically we are prepared as we can be.  Note: I did not say ready- I don't think anyone is every really ready for a baby, but at least we are (mostly) prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment